Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Persistence of Vision

A little about the title.
 

Persistence of vision is the phenomenon of the eye by which even nanoseconds of exposure to an image result in milliseconds of reaction (sight) from the retina to the optic nerves. This is because persistence of vision depends on chemical transmission of nerve responses, and this biochemical hysteresis is much slower than the light transmission.
~wikipedia~

It goes on and on, but the bottom line is it relates to the optical illusions in the rapid viewing of frames as in film and animation.  Or even flip books. 

But to me, besides the implications in a visual art medium, (animation, film, etc.) This phrase can also mean other things.
Perhaps, The persistence of the vision?  As in relation to artistic drive.  

My vision persists.

That was what I was thinking when I named my blog.  

It's such a pain coming up with interesting names for stuff like this.  
I think It suits it.

No comments:

Post a Comment