Friday, January 16, 2009

Animation


Well,  I just sent off my application to Sheridan tech for their very competitive Bachelor of animation program.

I'm working on my portfolio right now.  I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I'm hoping for the best.   It's a big commitment,  moving away from home, 4 more years of school and much more debt.   I think the part that bothers me the most is not knowing all the information.   
What they're looking for in a portfolio.   Style, accuracy, creativity,  It's hard to cover all your bases for just a general "This is what I got" type of pitching yourself.  They have the criteria, (character turn around, life drawings, storyboard, expression sheet, etc.)  but not a lot of "We are looking for this, this, and this, when looking at applicants".     

It's a bit of a jump, from the fine arts to animation.  Let's hope my legs are strong enough.

A. 

(The sketch is nothing even close to my true skill.  Just playing around with paint.net and tablet.)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Aaron. I hope you get in!

    Where's the school?

    Moving away is something that has to happen one way or another and moving TO something rather than just "moving out" is a great way to do it. You'll do fine.

    Just don't forget the little people...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The school is in Toronto. I'm hopeful but not overly optimistic. It's a very competitive field, and you need to be really good at drawing. We've been mostly focusing on painting at SLC, I like being able to paint but animation is kind of a drawing field...
    Just check out the link in my blog list. (Animation portfolio Workshop.)

    ReplyDelete